Monday

Sew Much To Do: Week 15 A Lampshade

This was a lot of fun. I wasn't able to make what I had originally planned because my fabric wasn't wide enough. After sitting in my thinking chair, this is what I came up with:

The final touch to CJ's room, well at least for now!

The fabric and ribbon I'm trying to decide what to do with. 

I cut the ribbon the length of the lampshade and only used one piece of the fabric for the next part.

I cut 9 pieces but only ended up using 6.

With my pinking shears, I cut out my strips. 

Next I ran a gathering stitch down the center of each strip.

Next, I gathered the strip just a little shorter than the ribbon so I  could fold the ribbon over for a neater appearance.

Checking my work. I left extra fabric on each end so that I could fold it  under.

Using a zig zag stitch, I attached the ribbon to the middle of the strips. Very cute huh!

Next you just glue the strips onto the lampshade. I started with 3 strips and  spaced them out and let the glue dry. 

The next morning I filled in the gaps with 3 more strips. 

I just used some Aleene's Ok to Wash fabric glue because it is what I had on hand. 


And ta da, there it is. The wind blew right as I was taking this picture. 
 I told my husband I think it is missing something but will just wait a bit till I put my finger on it exactly. So there you have it, the last addition (for the moment) to CJs very pink room. And with that I think Sew Much To Do is going to take a break. I have lots of Advent crafts to do with the kids and as most of you know December gets kinda crazy so I'm going to let the sewing machine chill out for a bit and enjoy some memory making moments with the kids. See you next year!!!

No comments: