Monday

Sew Much To Do: Week 4

Leave it to me to make something more difficult than it has to be!!! Remember last week when I told you how I burned the midnight oil completing my curtains so I would have a project to post. Well it dawned on me a couple of days ago that I had a dress finished and just waiting for me to post about!!!! It is a dress from New Look Pattern 6745. This isn't the first time I have used this pattern. I actually made CJ a Sponge Bob dress when she was 2 and she loved it. If you look closely you can see I had no idea what I was doing with the binding around the neck line, nor the arm holes for that matter.


My goal this time around was to get the binding right and also work with the button hole setting on my sewing machine. I did a great job on the button holes but will take the time to mark placement of the buttons instead of trying to eye where they need to be sewn on. All in all, I think it turned out nicely!!!!!

I love how she isn't wearing any shoes in this photo!!

My row of many many buttons... I think I went over board!

Our Sunday morning tradition, homemade cinnamon rolls and a Cary Hairbow!!



I already have two more projects I am hoping to finish September strong with. One will be a dress from McCalls Pattern M4422 and the other will be my own creation of sorts!!! I'm going to attempt to make an apron without a pattern. Check back on Mondays to see if my sewing projects are fabulous or a failure. And don't forget to link up your latest sewing project!!!!!


No comments: