Saturday

31 Days to Clean: Week 1

Homemakers Challenge - 31 Days to Clean
I have to admit that I have been stuck on Day 1: Write down why you want your house clean. We were suppose to come up with a Mission Statement of sorts. Something we could remember and repeat. Well I've not been able to really put into words why I want my home clean. So I figure, for now, I'll continue and hopefully by the end of this post I can find the right words to motivate me. But for now let's keep things moving and I'll share my list of priorities:



1. God
To daily seek God and be renewed by his word and allow Him to carry out the good works he has started within me.
Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will. Romans 12:2

being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus. Philippians 1:6

2. Relationships
To be encouraging to my husband
A wife of noble character is her husband’s crown, but a disgraceful wife is like decay in his bones. Proverbs 12:4

Disciple my children
Start children off on the way they should go, and even when they are old they will not turn from it. Proverbs 22:6


To be a breath of fresh air to my sphere of influence

The hearts of the wise make their mouths prudent, and their lips promote instruction.Gracious words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:23-24

A fool’s mouth lashes out with pride, but the lips of the wise protect them.



3. Home
To make it a place that is enjoyed, loved, and a comfort not by looks but through the attitude of my heart.
...urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God. Titus 2:4-5

Well, well I think I found my mission statement!!!!

I will seek to daily make my home a place of enjoyment, 
grace, peace and comfort through the attitude of my heart.

Whew, I did it!!!! But before I go on I must confess I haven't really done the Martha challenges as I think I have a good cleaning system in place but am gleaning some good natural cleaning solutions and am greatly enjoying the Mary challenges! They are renewing my spirit and sparking my desire for my home again. I don't think it's too late to jump in and join us for the month of May as we go through 31 Days to Clean as we have only done days 1-5. So jump on board or be inspired by those who are setting May aside to clean out the clutter in their homes and hearts by heading over to Joyful Mothering!!!!


No comments: