Sunday

Slow Cooking Sunday

Okay so, for me, blogging is a fancy way to journal, taking notes and a safe place to store information that I might want to pass on to future generations. Which is why I love to do is blog hop. You know, when you start on one blog and then "hop" to another blog and another and another. Often I don't want to necessary follow that blog but will stumble upon a post I want to keep tabs on. Which happened this week!!  I came across some recipes that I think will be perfect for future Slow Cooking Sunday posts.  But instead of waiting till I try the recipe, I thought I would share the links with you so you could check them out as well. After all isn't blogging all about spreading the love!!!! So here are note worthy recipes I found this week:

Bolognese Sauce by The Weekend Gourmet
Light Red Beans and Rice by Quit Eating Out






SlowCookingSunday

Alfredo Chicken Soup was cooking in my slow cooker this week and it was yummy. The only issue I had was I didn't make enough!!! I second guessed myself and added only one can of Alfredo Sauce instead of the two and I should have doubled the remaining ingredients. I wont do that again. But lets stop a second so I can share a tip with you for cutting bell peppers!!!

 If you are not going to use all the bell pepper, cut it below the seeds and it will keep the part with the seeds fresher longer and you use the part without the seeds today!!!
 So here is what I used:
  • 3 chicken breasts, diced
  • 3/4 cup chopped carrots
  • 3/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
  • 1/2 head of broccoli
  • 1 jar of Alfredo sauce, BUT you need to use 2!!
  • To taste, minced garlic, onion powder & Italian seasoning
  • chicken broth to get soup to desired consistency
(I use chicken bouillons to make my broth)
Thankfully I had made a loaf of bread in my bread machine and that saved the day!!!! I also wanted to share that starting next week I am planning on not just feeding your tummies but your Spirit as well. So I do hope you will stop by next week as I share what the Lord is doing in my life!!!

But for now, would you please share a slow cooking recipe that has saved your day?!?!

No comments: