Friday

Getting down with OC in 2011

One of the things I am most looking forward to in the New Year is introducing my eldest son to journalizing with "My Utmost For His Highest". I was introduced to journalizing through VisionWriters. If you want to experience God through your own encounter and not just read about how someone else is so close to God, you should really try out one of the several courses VisionWriters offers. I will be starting off my year with Miracle in the Mirror. This was the second course I took through VisionWriters and it was "the" course that helped me break down walls that had kept me separated from God and helped God's grace flow freely through my life. My faith in God was changed forever and my life has never been the same. That does not mean that I have been faithful to God in daily seeking Him but what it does mean is that I can not go very long without missing my daily communication with Him. And that is what I want to instill in my children; a need and desire not just to walk daily with God but to communicate daily with Him as well. And so I now move into a new area with my oldest son of not just teaching him about God but showing him how to walk with God on his own and deepening his own personal relationship with God as well.  My greatest longing has always been to lead my children down the path that ends at the foot of the cross. I know when they get there it is their own decision AND I also know how influential both myself and Big Daddy will be in the choice our children make when the Holy Spirit prompts them to accept or deny Christ. So in the year to come you are more likely to find posts filled with journal pages inspired by the wise words of Oswald Chambers than my participation in Memes or cute projects I have done. And if you like what you see, fill free to print the journal pages off and use them for yourself or as a way to introduce your own children to the habit of daily communicating with God. May this new year be filled with the presence of God and the blessings of deep fellowship with our Mighty God!!! Happy New Year!!!!!!

No comments: