Thursday

A New Year Begins

What a great week this is turning out to be! We are in full swing here at MorningStar Academy and learning is in the air!

We are loving Sonlight Core 1: World History and I must say I am enjoying the many "I never knew that!" moments I am having with the boys. To up the fun factor, I wanted to make sure we started off on a positive note in our first week back after our Christmas break so I broke down and planned some crafts. (If you know me it wasn't hard to twist my hand in this area.) We attempted pyramids and I showed the kids how their names might look in hieroglyphs.


We finished up Mr. Popper's Penguins and started Mountain Born. LJ is working on Discovery 4 and JJ will finish up Red Jewel 3 this week. As for CJ, she is just sooo excited about her princess party and carries around her party favors all around the house trying to show anyone who will stop and listen to her gush about her princess party; which by the way isn't till the end of the month.

We are still figuring out the execution of our Four F's: Father, Family, Finance, and Fitness. This week for Fitness we woke the boys up early on alternating days to workout. The weather wasn't always favorable but just getting them use to waking up so early has been exhausting enough. Finance was a bit harder as we adjust to not eating fast foods. It takes a little more creativity for foods on the go, but all in all it all went well.

Big Daddy and I have decided that Fridays will be our adult movie night. I picked the movie last week so I have no idea what he is going to bring home. Last week we watched Inglourious Basterds, and I think I sat there just amazed at how fast events changed in the movie. I really liked that I could not guess what was going to happen next.



But the one thing that I think this week will forever be remembered for is the day CJ gave herself a "Daddy haircut". If you look at the bottom picture above you will see a head full of hair that made its way to the floor....


and that prompted a visit to the saloon....sigh!!!!

No comments: