Sunday

His Word is Alive

April 13, 2009

It never fails to amaze me at the mighty power of God's Word. If you read yesterday's post, I talked about walking down a dark path into the very depths of who I am; not sure whether I was willing to do it or not. And then I read these verses from yesterday's reading:

22-23 Then Samuel said,
Do you think all God wants are sacrifices—
empty rituals just for show?
He wants you to listen to him!
Plain listening is the thing,
not staging a lavish religious production.
Not doing what God tells you
is far worse than fooling around in the occult.


So for me the confusion is gone, I will walk this path to the very depths of who I am, but I know that I am not alone and that Christ will walk it with me. I see that to truly move beyond the cross and start living for Christ, I must face that which nailed Him to the Cross, my sin, my grudges, my past, my disobedience, all of who I once was, I feel, I am being lead to lay it all out for Christ to shine His light on so that it no longer lingers in the back of my mind causing me to stumble and giving Satan a foot hold into my thoughts. Yes, I am ready to face it all, maybe not share it all with the world but with the one who can heal all hurt, Jesus. He came to make us whole and holy. We are completed through salvation and through sanctification we shine of His Glory!!!!


Father, that you love me sooo much, is humbling. That you have such great things in store for me is awesome!! I know that there is much to be done in me and if this is my valley of the shadow of death, just as David said, I will not fear for you are with me. To give all my life to you, is to face the past and hand it over to You, releasing it and the burden that weights me down upon your shoulders to bear for me. Once I do that then and only then may I be able to pick up your yoke and carry it. My valley is deep but you are greater than it and I put my faith and trust in you and you alone. I am listening and I am ready to obey!! In Jesus Name I pray, Amen

No comments: