Sunday

Selah: A Reason For Thanks

I thought it very fitting to share with you something a fellow VisionKeeper and dear friend emailed me for a study I am facilitating named "Character of God" by VisionWriters. As this week we will be celebrating Thanksgiving may we all remember who we give thanks to, The Lord God Almighty!!! May you enjoy this as much as I did!!!

And the LORD said to Moses, "I will do the very thing you have asked,because I am please with you and I know you by name." Then Moses said, "Now show me your glory." And the LORD said, " I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. Exodus 33:17-19(NIV)

God's Parade of Glory
Grace- when goodness grants joy to those who merit nothing.
Mercy- when goodness pities and pardons the miserable.
Longsuffering- when goodness bears with enemies that provoke.
Truth- when goodness fills a promise and shows you the way things really are.
Justice- when goodness punishes the guilty and forgives the penitent.
Holiness- when goodness exposes sin and reveals soundness and wholeness.
Unchanging- when goodness is permanence.
Timeless- when goodness is resting in the present.
Omnipresence- when goodness never leaves you nor forsakes you.
Omniscience- when goodness knows everything and loves yo in spite of that knowledge.
Love- when goodness acts on behalf of its creation.
Wisdom-when goodness uses knowledge correctly.
Wrath- when goodness punishes sin to save the sinner.
Power- when goodness causes strength to delight and transform you.
Sovereignty- when in goodness, God the Supreme Ruler, has a plan for your future already in motion.

"Without goodness power would only frighten, wisdom would only be craft,and wrath would only astonish. It is goodness that makes God glorious. In all that He is, His is always good." Jaque Banas

No comments: