Sunday

Boxes and A Superb Husband

So I made myself sit down and read a devotion from My Utmost For His Highest and after reading it I started thinking about my husband. What a godly man he is. Does he lead a bible study or do devotions with the children every day, no but what he does do is put his faith into practice!!!! How you might ask, by serving his family instead of demanding to be served. Make no mistake there is respect that is expected and in times of defiance demanded but most often it is given freely because we desire for him to know how highly we think of him. Take yesterday for example. I had a dear friend call and ask me to come help her take care of her kids because she was running a fever and her husband is not on island. Without even having to ask, I knew my husband would say go take care of her, even though it was the day before we moved and it was a Sunday!!!!! What a blessing to me to know that my husband was at home WILLINGLY with our children taking care of them as I took care of my dear friend's children as she weathered this fever. To me his actions speak louder than the most eloquent prayer any pastor could give!!!!!!!! An even more special moment we had this week was when LJ had his first sleep over and his friend asked him what his parents were doing? Big Daddy was laying on the couch and I was sitting on the floor with my head on his chest as he ran his fingers through my hair, nothing out of the ordinary in our house. LJ replied, "Oh they just love each other." I didn't catch that at first but Big D told me later and his response really reminded me how lucky we are to have such a loving and devoted and Christ focused husband and father, "It is really something that LJ knows we love each other." I casually replied, "Yeah your right." But that IS amazing and I am so blessed that my children see their parents in this way!!!! And so grateful that my husband loves his family the way he does!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Check out My Utmost for His Highest, as this is what inspired this post.
I LOVE YOU, HONEY and can't wait to unpack all those boxes with you, lol.

No comments: