Saturday

Dwelling Together in January

Sorry for being absent this week. I have been soaking in some amazing posts (1 & 2 specifically) from over at A Holy Experience!! As I read over and and over the words she has poured out to bless us I think: "How can a woman I have never met reach so deep within me and cause such turmoil?" I know the answer, it is nothing short of God's amazing power to minister to his children in their times of need!!! And his timing is perfect, as always. Here is the memory verse I am working on this month:

Ezekiel 36:25-27
  • I will sprinkle clean water on you, and you will be clean; I will cleanse you from all your impurities and from all your idols.
  • I will give you a new heart and put a new spirit in you;
  • I will remove from you your heart of stone and give you a heart of flesh.
  • And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

I have stumbled at the last part, meaning I can recite the verse up till this point and my brain just goes blank. It will not stick and instead of forcing the issue  and making the method of memorization my motivation, I'm pausing and waiting for God to reveal what it is within the 1st three "points" that is not being written on my heart. Being defined by your past is such a hard habit to break. And as I have struggled with this for over most of my adult hood I am coming to an understand, a place of rest you might say.

Maybe, just maybe it isn't for me break rather a tool for God to use to minister to me.

Maybe, just maybe there is so much still to be revealed not forgotten that will draw me ever closer in His presence.

Maybe, just maybe there is more glory for Him to come from my sorrow.

Maybe, just maybe then will He be able to put His Spirit within me that I may follow His decrees and delight in His laws.

As sisters in Christ we can find encouragement in each other as we share our heartbreaks, break throughs and moments spent with the Savior. If you, too, are walking the path of sanctification would you consider linking up with me monthly and sharing a moment of your journey? I look forward to meeting each of you and growing richly in the grace of God!!!!



No comments: