Monday

Sew Much To Do: Week 6

Well this week has ushered in what will be a very busy month of sewing for me but before I get to that I wanted to share with you what I worked on this weekend. A quick project that I saw somewhere else but did not save the link. I'm certain theirs was fancier than mine but hey I made it and I'm proud of it, lol.


Okay so I did buy the felt for this project, it was 5 for $1, I couldn't resist!!! And the princess ziploc bags were purchased by my mom at The Dollar Store. So 20 cents for this whole project is really good!!!


The only disadvantage to this felt was that it wasn't quit long enough but thankfully I was able to use the excess in the width for binding the bags.



I decided to go ahead and cut the bags so that the ends wouldn't show.


Not sure if you can see but I folded under the excess and sandwiched the bags between the felt.

Pinned and ready to sew a straight stitch right down the middle!!!!

Making sure the book will fold in half okay, Check!

Pockets secured, Check!!!!


Activity bag completed, Check!!!! Now to come up with some ideas of things to put in it for CJ to quietly do during service?!?!?!



I'm very excited to say that I had a friend ask me to make a costume for her 4 year old son for Halloween. She doesn't want him to look like everyone else and she wants it to be kid friendly. We were talking about a magician but after checking out a book at the library I think I will have to ask her what she thinks of a wizard or a clown or a king. Oh what fun, right!!!1 The next thing I will working on is my dress for the Marine Corps Ball. I am torn between view A and view C ?!?! Can't wait to share which one I chose!!! And I also can't wait for you to share with me, what you have been working on!!!!!


No comments: