Monday

Mr. Who?

At an early age I understood the sacrifices my mom made for me. For the most part I was sensitive to the financial burden of having only one parent. I remember during my freshman year trying out for the cheer-leading team. I went through most of the week and then some how in conversation the cost of cheering came out. I gracefully backed out because I didn't want to have to tell my mom how much it would be. I also remember having a tooth pulled from my over crowed mouth and getting a marlin bridge put in because it was cheaper than braces. (I regretted that so much!!!!) And I also remember wanting so badly to ask about my father but didn't want to hurt my mom's feelings, so I never asked. I could tell story after story of how I never really said what was on my mind because I didn't want to hurt someone else and yet all the while it was tearing me up inside.

I don't think I have to spell out the wrong choices I made as I went out into the world looking for Mr. Right. Looking back, I see it wasn't Mr.Right I was looking for just someone to value me in the way my father hadn't. I didn't have any standard to measure a man by so I had no clue as to what I was looking for. So I'll spare you the details of each Mr. Wrong and and move on to the day I was introduced to my Mr. Right......

To be continued - just as life does

No comments: