Tuesday

Full Circle

Sunday was am amazing reminder of what happens when we set aside our plans and just follow God's leading. It all started when I showed up at church for Fun in the Son without a single thing to teach and then  only had one child to teach. My first impulse was to have her sit in the sanctuary with the adults after all she was just one child and I didn't have anything to teach her. But there wasn't peace in my heart with this so I went to our Youth director's office and we looked around for A-N-Y-T-H-I-N-G to teach. Finally we decided on the cd for VBS and I was going to talk with her about the importance of prayer........ but this didn't bring me peace either. So, inside I threw my hands up and quickly quipped at the Lord:

"What do you want me to teach?!"

"The plan of salvation", He said.

"Great, I don't even have my Bible. How can I do that?!?!"

"Use the VBS curriculum for ABC", He continued with great patience.

So I took out some paper and together we drew a fancy A,B & C. We talked about what we needed to admit: that we are sinners. What we needed to believe: that Jesus is the only way to God. What it meant to confess that Jesus is Lord. We talked about angels and Satan and the Book of Life and what it meant to have your name in it. It was at that point the little girl looked me in the eyes and said, "So, you are telling me if I ask Jesus in my life then I wont go to hell?" "Yes, once you have accepted Jesus as your Savior your name is written in the Book of Life and can never be removed." "Well," she answered "I want my name in the book of life." "Would you like to pray and ask Jesus into your heart?" "Yes, can you help me?" "Well, remember that you need to admit that you are a sinner and you know the only way to God is through His Son Jesus and you want Jesus to come be in your heart. But it's something you need to say on your own, you can't just repeat what I say."


And she did, in her child like faith and she reminded me of another little girl who around the same age asked Jesus into her heart; not really knowing what that meant but knowing it was something that my soul wanted needed!!! All my doubts about the sincerity of this little girl's prayer melted away!!! My work in this little girl's life is done and I will most likely never see her again because she is moving on Wednesday. But God, His work has just begun and if He could take the likes of me and use me in the battle of His glory!!!!! Then Y-E-S, I rest in complete confidence that she is in good hands and marvel at how my life has come full circle, BUT now I am the Sunday School teacher being used by God to further His kingdom!!

and another journey continues - just as life always does

No comments: