Thursday

All in a name

When I was pregnant with my daughter I had 2 requirements for her name: 1) it had to be biblical and 2) it had to have an E in it. I think I was around 7 months when I had almost given up and the story kinda goes like this:

My youngest son, JJ, wasn't too happy about having a baby and I was going through the ABCs doing a study on dinosaurs with my oldest son, LJ. We were having a very hard time trying to find just the right name and when we would inquire with the boys they would give very silly names. One afternoon after watching The Land Before Time, JJ decided that he wanted to name his sister after a dinosaur. To be specific he wanted to name her Triceratops. I wasn't sure how I was going to break it to him that it just wasn't going to happen; when I saw the credits scrolling on the T.V.  Guess what the triceratops name was?!?!?! Cera!!!!! Yep I got my E and I got my biblical name "Sara". And JJ had the satisfaction of naming his sister Triceratops, but we call her Cera for short!!! 

I might have reconsidered had I know how difficult it would be to find anything personalized for her. But it didn't even cross my mind. In fact I was certain this was a sign from God that we should name our littler girl Cera. It wasn't until after she was born that I discovered the meaning of her name: fiery one. Yep!!! Her name fits her perfectly just like the color honeysuckle. See just look at this bow holder I made for her in Japan. 




Then for her birthday, I took a small table already had....


sewed together some small and large "honeysuckle" polka dot fabric....


painted and attached rhinestones to mirror I got at a thrift store for 8 bucks!!!



All so she could have her very own vanity and she uses it to dress her dolls!!!


I also made some matching valences as well.



 I'm far from done with her room as I still need to do the bedding and monogramming on her walls. But already, this room is starting to be the perfect fit for a Triceratops, oh I mean a princess named Cera!!!


Visit thecsiproject.com

I'm linking up over at CSI Project for Honeysuckle challenge. Ya can't vote for me but you can see what everyone else is doing with this awesome color!!!

4 comments:

alana said...

What an awesome name story!! I love love love love decorating for girls .. SO FUN! Enjoy it ...

Cheryl Marie said...

Quite lovely! Cera is a beautiful name....what a wonderful story.

laxsupermom said...

Great story! When I named my boys I wanted their names to be different enough so they wouldn't be one of 3 kids in the class with the same name, so I picked names that were not in the top 50. Both their names mean warrior. One means armed warrior and the other is curly haired warrior.

Thanks for sharing your daughter's room. Love it! Decorating with pink is so much fun. With 2 boys, I don't get much opportunity.

Anonymous said...

Okay, this is the last one I saw...in reguards to the last time I came to check in on you. *smile* And I really like your round mirror in her room. Very sweet. Have a lovely day enjoying what she sees in that mirror of hers. *smile* Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings & so much more!