Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday

Hey there!!! Welcome back!!! I am super excited to announce that I found my battery charger for my camera, which means lots of pictures to come your way soon. I have lots of catching up to do with my Itty-Bitty Bookworm posts and I also promised a Remember When post didn't I. Ahhh life, gotta enjoy it right.

JJ getting excited about Italic Handwriting

CJ helping prepare cupcakes for our color of the month
After living in Japan you can only eat ramen noodles with chopsticks


So I am slooooowly treading along in my 12 weeks to Christmas planning. At least there is only 11 weeks of planning to go!!!!! So what did I get done this week. Well I finally got a master list of everyone we will either be sending a card to or getting a gift for. My next step is to transfer all this info onto my Master Gift List I created. On it I will mark if we will be Homemaking a gift, Buying a gift, Baking a gift, or sending a Christmas Card. I think more is less so my brain needed a place to keep all this info in one place.

I still have to sort my Holiday Recipes and figure out what bulk cooking I'm going to do this year. It looks like we will be away from our homestead and visiting family this year so I just might share a favorite family recipe with you guys each week. How does that sound?!?! I like that idea, so let me go get my recipe for:

Carrot Souffle'
2pds baby carrots
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 T cornstarch
1t baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 eggs, beaten
1t powdered sugar for dusting
Cook carrots in boiling water for about 15 minutes or until tender. Heat oven to 350. Drain and mash carrots and then add melted butter, white sugar, cornstarch, vanilla and eggs. Mix well and transfere to a 2 quart casserole dish. Sprinkle with powdered sugar and bake for 30 minutes. 

That just leaves bulk cooking items. Hummm I'll have to get back to you with that next week. Which brings us to this week. Gotta keep rolling folks cause before you know it, it's going to be Christmas Eve!!!! And I'm determined to be prepared!!!! So my thoughts are going to be on the following items this week:
  • Deciding on what homemade and baking items I will be doing this year
  • Deciding on how we are going to decorate this year
  • And doing some self reflecting on what we what our Christmas to be like/about
Guess it's a good thing I checked out alot of craft books from the library this week. Can't wait to share with you what ideas I find. But for this week, if you wouldn't mind how about leaving me one of your tried and true freezer/bulk recipes!!!!!  Until next week 11 and counting!!!!



No comments: