Thursday

MorningStar Academy

Not Back to School Blog Hop

is almost back in session!!!! And yes I'm getting very excited. As much as I tried to be ready before the move, I just made some final decisions on curriculum for this year.  For the last  3 years we have home schooled overseas and that has meant pretty much doing it how we wanted. Since we didn't know which state we would end up in or how long we would be overseas, we just did things easy come easy go. THEN we were transferred to NC,  a state I love but they do testing every year!!!! It is the one thing I loath and think is not necessary until high school. (Note: This is just my opinion) So I kinda lost focus of why we home school as I started to stress about them being ready to test and lost focus of what is in the best interest of our kids. Then I came across a wonderful post written by The Happy Housewife. It was just what I needed to refocus on what WE need to be doing this year. I am very excited to participate in the Not Back to School Blog Hop at Heart of the Matter Online. I am hoping to connect with some great families out there as well as get some insight on  what curriculum is floating around out there!!!!




And here are our choices for the 2010-2011 School Year:
 
3 year old girl
Itty-Bitty Bookworm Bo Curriculum Year 3
Explorer's Bible Study Beginnings I: And it was good








6 year old boy
Happy Phonics





Bob Books
Bible Study for All Ages: Beginner Pages





McRuffy Math K





Italic Handwriting Book A



8 year old
Sonlight Core 2 Intro to World History Part 2
Bible Study Guide for All Ages: Intermediate Pages
McRuffy Math 2
Learning Language Arts Through Literature: Yellow Book

Italic Handwriting Books B and C


Together we will study:



5 comments:

Amanda American Girl said...

I was also looking at the McRuffy Math 2, let me know how that works out for you.

Here's a link for the teacher's guide for the Storykeepers (pdf file) . It is a very good resource and best of all it is free ;)

http://www.culham.ac.uk/Curric/SK/storykeepers_guide_web.pdf

Have a good day, and a good school year

Féepoussière said...

Thank you for your comment on my blog!
Your program looks very nice and sweet!
Read you soon!

Our Family for His Glory said...

Hi! I found you through the blog hop! It looks like you are in for a very fun year!
Jessica

Stephanie said...

Your plans look great. I really like LLATL.

Robin said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am going to look at the Explorers Bible Study for our 3 almost 4 year old.

I love, love, love Italic (even have a book for myself). I just found on Rainbow Resource that they have a Character Italic which gives extra practice in Italic handwriting using copywork. I am planning to add that to what we do this year for practice.