Wednesday

Lord Teach Me To Pray: Day 6

July 8, 2009




What a powerful statement was made in today's reading which stood out so much for me that I have to share it with you.

Strength in prayer comes from KNOWING: "Our Father who art in heaven."

I would say comfortably by no means am I a "beginner" when it comes to prayer and yet these basic principles seem so refreshing. I am very excited and it is so hard not to read ahead. If you are tempted, please don't. I once read it takes 28 days to form a habit and that is why I'm pretty sure the book takes 28 days to cover the subject. What better habit to form than learning how to communicate[to give or interchange thoughts, feelings, information, or the like, by writing, speaking, etc. to express thoughts, feelings, or information easily or effectively.to be joined or connected] and commune [to converse or talk together, usually with profound intensity, intimacy, etc.; interchange thoughts or feelings.to be in intimate communication or rapport]with God. I can think of nothing more worthy of my time than that relationship.


Oh Father, how Your Word refreshes my soul, bringing back to life the weary and run down. Strengthen me with You Hand and calm me with Your Presence. With You by my side there is nothing to fear; only falsehoods to tear down and freedom to gain. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen

No comments: