Sunday

Lord Teach Me To Pray: Day 3

July 5, 2009




It's a date!!! There are so many things I wouldn't thing of being late for or skipping, yet one of the first things I will put to the side is my time with God. Is it the same with you? Well no longer!! I'm setting my alarm and going to bed at a decent hour so that I can make my date with my Savior. 615am. That is the time that seems to be best for me to spend un-interrupted time with the Lord. My plan is going to be rather simple. Start my pot of coffee, sit down with a notebook, & devotional. While my coffee is brewing I am going to write all things down that will distract me. Listing any things I need to do, what needs to be done for the day, and concerns, problems, ect that would make my mind wander during my quiet time. Once the coffee is ready, I'm going to set aside my notepad and all that has been written down, fix my coffee, read my devotional to get focused and then..... be still.

So how about you? Is time with the Lord something you also abandon at moments notice when it conflicts with other things? How can you change your routine to make time to be still before the Lord successful? I once read: "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

So what specific time have you committed to the Lord?


Father, I desire to be with You. Show me those things that I have been putting before You. Convict me of when I am pushing You to the side and not giving You the #1spot in my life. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen

No comments: