Friday

Lord Teach Me To Pray: Day 15

July 17,2009



..the Word of God plays such a critical role in prayer because it shows us the will of God....let Scripture interpret Scripture... Who are we to contradict God!...Kay Arthur


One reason I do not do "Big Name" Bible Studies in groups is that a majority of women in those studies only go as deep as the author does. They take the author's word for the truth instead of searching out Scripture for themselves. But wait, I do the same thing with my pastor. Why? Because we are told to do so: 20 do not treat prophecies with contempt. 21 Test everything. Hold on to the good. 22 Avoid every kind of evil. 1 Thessalonians 5:20-22

This is where we can cross over from religion into a relationship with Christ. How? When we come to know God's Word, we come to know Him and not just what someone else has to say about Him.



Father, may I desire to experience You for myself and not become content in hearing of the wonderful relationships others have but, this very day, build upon my foundation, Jesus Christ, and develop my own personal relationship with You!! In Jesus Name we pray, Amen

No comments: