Thursday

Getting a little crafty

May 21, 2009

Last night was our AWANA end of the year ceremony. I forgot my camera, ugh. I was excited to watch JJ received his 2nd book award for Cubbies and LJ got his 2nd book award for Sparks!! I am so proud of them both. Next year will be an exciting year as JJ moves up to Sparks and LJ will be in T&T. As for me, I will be the Cubbie Director!!!! I am so excited about this opportunity and know that this is right where God wants me to be. If you follow my blog you will know that I have been prayerfully considering any new ministries I will be doing going into the next school year. I thought I would be taking a break from AWANA all together next year, but the Lord has different plans for me and when He speaks, I've learned it is best not just to listen but obey. So I look forward with great anticipation at what He has in store for me!!!!

And here is a little something I made for our Cubbie Directors this year:


We included a gift certificate for dinner and I also cut coordinating paper to slip in so that everyone could sign it with a little note of thanks.Our LITs (Leaders In Training) offered to watch their 3 children so they could have an official date night!!!!

Here is the tutorial if you are needing a little something special to go with any gift cards you may need to give out. (The only thing I found a little confusing was on the second picture it tells you to flip your paper, I think it would best be stated to rotate your paper 90º so that your scored lines are now horizontal.)

Well that's about the extent of my craftiness for this week; I'm sending my mom's flip-book today so in about a week I'll be able to post those pics. Just keep in mind I'm no Martha Steward but boy do I have fun making these projects!!!!


Prayerfulness
Grant, Lord, that my children's lives may be marked by prayerfulness, that they may learn to "pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. Eph. 6:18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Trying to catch up on all your beautiful posts that I missed while away. You are my Martha, and don't you forget it! :o)