Thursday

Lost and Found

March 12, 2009


As some may know I've toyed with the idea of no T.V. in our home. We've done it many different ways but it has never lasted long. And this may be the same way but so far its working and I've found such great joy in being with my children again.




We have started locking, yes locking up the T.V. and unplugging the school computer. The boys, if I feel they have earned it get to watch 30 minutes of T.V. during quiet time. And that is it. We have done this for the last 2 and half days and their behavior hasn't necessarily improved but I've enjoyed doing more things with them. Here are a few pics of things we wouldn't have done if that T.V. would have been on!!!



Played checkers with LJ



Made yummy toast and eggs with CJ




Made a yummy dessert with LJ



JJ and LJ enjoying a sticker book I found in the back of our school closet

And the one thing I have enjoyed by far this week was playing with the kids and bubbles. WARNING, lots of pictures to follow!!

















What great encouragement I found in today's reading from verse "9 Just make sure you stay alert. Keep close watch over yourselves. Don't forget anything of what you've seen. Don't let your heart wander off. Stay vigilant as long as you live. Teach what you've seen and heard to your children and grandchildren." Day by day God is drawing my heart closer to my children. And day by day the desires of my flesh dulls as God continues to soften my heart towards homeschooling, being content with my home, and seeing my children as God sees them. But more on that tomorrow!!!

Father, how comforting to know that I am not alone as I struggle to keep you my number one desire. Continue to refine my heart and give me but one desire and that is to please You, casting all other things aside and focusing only on what You have set before me to do. Thank you for sending so much encouragement my way as You revealed to me how my priorities were not in order. Thank you for being so gentle and extending so much grace to such an undeserving bond servant as myself. How blessed I am that Your mercies are new every day!! In Jesus Name I pray, Amen

No comments: