Thursday

Worship With Me Sunday: Who Is The Poor One?

February 20, 2009

Leviticus 23:22 "When you reap the harvest of your land, don't reap the corners of your field or gather the gleanings. Leave them for the poor and the foreigners. I am God, your God."

Father, let us see the poor as you see them. With love, compassion, and life that You created. Let us see the ways that we can help the poor, to be used by You to spread Your Love and hope to those who need it most. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen



Jill at Forever' n Ever' n Always is celebrating her 300th post. And what a way she is celebrating. She has set up a Mister Linky to gather 300 people who would be willing to sponsor, or already sponsoring, a child from Compassion. Our family has done this for almost 7 years and it has been amazing. We currently sponsor a child from Africa and let me tell you there is no greater joy that when I get a letter from her and year after year receive a picture of her and her family and see how much she has grown!!! Most importantly though is knowing that she is coming to know the Lord so that one day she will be able to take this life changing message to her own people!!!! I remember the year that we used some of our tax money to donate a family gift. It still chokes me up to remember the letter where she explained she was able to by a cow, 2 chickens, a new dress and also shoes not only for herself but she also bought shoes for each of her siblings. And that is the goal of my Monthly Savings Total: to save enough money for another Family Donation by spending less so I can give more. Please consider sponsoring a child, not only will you change their life, it will change yours forever too!!!!





So I lost count of what week we were on but here are some Places to Go for the weekend.

If you missed my post on the Schultz boys, please visit Wolf Online and vote for them in the contest they not only entered but also were one of the 5 finalist. It would tickle their hearts to win. Sweet, sweet boys and their mom is a dear Sister In Christ. ** Voting ends on the 22nd, so make sure you stop by soon to vote, thanks!!!!!!


Notes on Leviticus and Priestly Code (are some sites I found as I was doing research as I read through Leviticus.)

Bring It To The Table (if you are wanting some new recipes, you've found the spot to be!)

blissful kids (neat water color craft to do with your kids!!!!)

Hillbilly Housewife (this is a must stop if you are wanting to make a dent in that grocery bill)


Cary Hairbows ( I am so excited that I just signed up CJ for the hairbow club!!. Over the next year CJ will get a hand crafted bow sent to her at an amazing price and all will be different. I can't wait to see what the first one looks like!!!)

No comments: