Sunday

A Love Diet

February 16, 2009

I have always been intrigued by the specifications God laid out for the diet the Israelites were to keep. When you do research you see that each thing God forbid was due to health reasons. Pretty amazing stuff, huh. Just search The Leviticus Diet and you will have enough information to keep you glued to the Internet for hours. Of course, my mind began to wander into things I had read in the New Testament like Romans 14:14, Acts 10:27-29, Acts 10:15, Mark 7:5-23, and Matthew 15:11-20. So as I write this post a bit later than I usually do I am reminded that we are not to live our life according to regulations, rituals, or routine. Although these things do have their place in our worship of Father God and Jesus Christ, I think more importantly we need to remember to seek Christ with the newness of each day and embrace the mercies God pours out daily.

Dear Father, I am again so thankful that You know us perfectly. You know what is best for us. Help us to listen to Your Wisdom, Your Counsel, and Your Truth. May we seek to learn something new about You and draw closer to Our Savior. In Jesus name we pray, Amen

1 comment:

Unknown said...

AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

Love and blessings today!
Jill