Monday

Easiest Way

One truth that has burned into my heart is one that I heard from a VisionWriters session by Jaque Banas. She said:"God comes to you the easiest way you let Him." Stop and ponder that. I remember very well my easiest way. It was as I waited in the ER to see what would become of my pregancy; knowing fully well that I had just had a miscarriage at 12 weeks. Once the doctor came and confirmed, I lost it. I am sure that my moans and sobbing was heard through out the ER that day. As sorrow came rushing over me, I started to hear a voice whispering in my ear. "See, I told you, he doesn't care for you. If He cared for you he wouldn't have let this happen. What kind of God does that. Is that who you want to follow, can you really love someone who took your unborn child?" This was not a voice that I knew and it seemed so foreign. Not wicked or evil but different and uncomfortable. And then within the depths of my very soul, I heard: "Brandy come with me. It will be hard but I will walk with you. Come." I was so overwhelmed. And the best way I can decribe it is I stood at the door of insanity. And somehow I knew that the very condition of my mind rested in what I chose that day. I chose to follow that voice I knew best and spoke within my heart these life changing words: "God I trust you!" A light went on and I knew who the other words were from. That very moment John 10:27 "My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me.", became truth to me and Romans 6:18-20 "Now you are free from your slavery to sin, and you have become slaves to righteous living. Because of the weakness of your human nature, I am using the illustration of slavery to help you understand all this. Previously, you let yourselves be slaves to impurity and lawlessness, which led ever deeper into sin. Now you must give yourselves to be slaves to righteous living so that you will become holy. When you were slaves to sin, you were free from the obligation to do right." has been the cry of my heart. To be a slave no more to sin but a bond servant to Christ!!! Please know, I am a work in progress. I am not perfect but I do serve a PERFECT GOD!!!

February 2, 2009
Father, how you have convicted me of yet more areas of my life where I am just like Pharaoh. How blessed I am that you are still not finished with me, have a purpose for me, and are Love and displayed that love through your son Jesus Christ. Let me not forget that I am a bond servant yoked with the freedom that Christ bought for me on the cross. In Jesus name we pray, Amen

No comments: