Tuesday

Are you in Egypt?

There were two specific things I caught in today's reading that I have never "noticed before"!!! Oh how I LOVE it when God's Living Word reveals itself to me in a new and mighty way!!!

Ch13 v17-18:God didn't lead them by the road through the land of the Philistines, which was the shortest route, for God thought, "If the people encounter war, they'll change their minds and go back to Egypt." So God led the people on the wilderness road, looping around to the Red Sea.

and

Ch14 v4:{God is speaking here)"I'll use Pharaoh and his army to put my Glory on display. Then the Egyptians will realize that I am God."

EVERY TIME I read of the Egyptians undoing, my heart always races. I begin to ponder what the Israelites were thinking and how overwhelming it must have been to be in the very mist of God's mighty power. To think they wanted to turn around and go back to Egypt


February 3, 2009
Mighty Father, You are my Strength, my Song, and my Victory!! Reveal to us our Egypt. May we put our trust in You that You have no desire to keep us here but have a path marked out for us to come back to You. The first step to that path is through Your Son, Jesus Christ, whom You gave up as a sacrifice to atone for our sins. Through him the bonds of sin are broken and we are no longer slaves to this world but co-heirs with Christ. May we sing of Your Glory and praise You all day long. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen

No comments: