Saturday

Relationship or Religion

As you come to know me through this blog, one thing you will find out quickly is my definition of what a Christian is. Simply put: having a relationship with Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior. To me being a Christian is not being a Baptist, Methodist, Catholic, or Mormon ect. Your religion DOES NOT define your salvation but how you chose to live your life. I pray that in this year I will be able to show, through God's Word, that your salvation is dependant upon Christ as your Savior and Lord and not which religion you chose.

(Please note that my desire is only to present my findings from the Bible. I am not telling anyone they are wrong or right for what they believe, that is not the purpose of this blog. I am just sharing with you what is being revealed to me through God's Word. If you would like clarification on my beliefs or posts please email me and we can further discuss your concerns, comments or disagreements. Rarely is there a time or subject that I do not like to discuss concerning the Word of God. With that being said I want to also state a personal rule I have: I Do Not and Will Not, try to "defend God". I welcome discussion and questions but will not participate in arguments.)

Enough said, I think. Please lets continue!!

As you read through the book of Genesis with me you will see how both Sarah and Abraham completely miss the mark with "doing the right thing" and yet God still chose Abraham as the Father of All Nations. Why? Because his heart belonged to God and he worshiped God.

January 17, 2009

Father, how blessed we are that you have had a plan all along and that it didn't depend on our ability. Help us to learn from Sarah and be patient with your timing and not be tempted to take things into our own hands. But, with peace and in joy wait for what you have in store for us. In Your Son's Holy Name we pray, Amen

No comments: