Monday

Selah




I really couldn't go without sharing this with you and quickly letting you know that God is using several friends and resources in a mighty way to affirm our place as a HOMESCHOOLING FAMILY. So thank you for your words of encouragement and genuine concern for me in this season of my life. As always I plea for your prayers and please covet our family with them as we sort through this discovery period on the pathway to homeschooling!!!

I picked up, for the first time well since we started our school year, my devotional book on home schooling. It is called Devotions for Homeschool Moms by Jackie Wellwood. The next one in line to read was titled DISCOURAGED and is the 7th devotion in the book. Toady's verse was 1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you. This is stuff that only God can orchestrate for those He calls his own!!!!!!! I think it NOT a coincidence, that on this very morning these are the words that I would read!!!! These are sweet kisses from my Father above and He is ever so gently reproofing me because my focus has shifted off of Him and onto the world. I am so blessed by my Creator in His patience with me and ever thankful that He uses "Kid Gloves" to lead me back to the path less taken!!!!!

I would like to share with you a little portion of my journal from today's reading:
- Ecclesiastes 7:20 for there is not a just man upon earth, that doeth good and sinneth not. { realization that "ALL" the "faults" my children and I both have are not a result of what I may or may not be doing; some are just born out of our sinful nature.}
- Discouragement doesn't come because I am homeschooling, it is a part of life! So what ever I chose to do, discouragement can be found in. The question then becomes:
- What am I doing with my discouragement?
@ humble myself before God
@ cast my cares on the Lord
@ am I living out belief that God REALLY cares for me !?!?!

Thanks for checking in on me! I am still "On Break" but found some time this morning and wanted to share with you the Lord's work in my heart and mind.Many blessings to you!!!

No comments: