Sunday

I feel like Chicken tonight

Well it seems like I have been away from blogging for so long!!! I'm excited to slowly return to some type of routine. And to start off the week I wanted to share a tried and true recipe that is simple, easy to cook, and always a crowd pleaser!!!!!!

Grilled Chicken
2.5-4lbs chicken of your choice
1/2 cup red wine vinegar
1 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup olive oil
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp basil
1 tsp garlic salt
1/2 tsp pepper

Marinate chicken in zipper bag overnight and grill till white all the way through or bake in oven at 400 for 35-30 minutes.

*A little about prep cooking, if you are in the States and can get fresh chicken you can mix marinade in zipper bag, put chicken in bag and freeze. Then when you are ready to cook simply thaw and chicken will absorb marinade while it thaws. Here in Okinawa we can only get frozen chicken so I just place frozen chicken in zipper bag with marinade on grocery day and keep in freezer till cook day. This reduces clean up on the day I have to cook, so I'm not really cooking all my meals at one time but getting as much prepared as I can at one time. It saves alot of time not only cooking but also clean up!!!! Hope you enjoy.

No comments: