Sunday

Recipe of the Week

So I wanted to share with you, tentatively weekly, either a new recipe that I will be trying out or an old favorite that our family greatly enjoys. Please feel free to post a comment with a recipe you think we would like as well. I will also post pictures, when possible of the recipe.

This morning, because I forgot to fill up my crock pot last night for breakfast, I stood wondering what I was going to feed the kids for breakfast. I like something with little preparations on Mondays as the boys have piano lessons and we have to be out the door by 9am and I need something that will fill their tummies up. After looking through a booklet from TastofHome I decided on the following recipe; simply because I have all the ingredients.
Peanut butter oat muffins
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup quick-cooking oats
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash of ground cinnamon
1 egg
1/4 peanut butter
1 1/4 cups milk
**also called for 1/2 cup chopped peanuts but I will be omitting those.
1. Combine flour, oats, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
2. Separately beat egg, peanut butter and milk till smooth.
3. Stir into dry ingredients until just moistened.
4. Fill greased or paper-lined muffins cups 3/4 full.
5. Bake @ 375 for 15-18 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean.
6. Cool for 5 minutes in pan before removing to finish cooling on wire rack.

I will let you know how it turns out! Have a great day and post a comment if you try the recipe with what you think; have a blessed day.

No comments: