Tuesday

Now I know

There were many lessons I would have to learn as a newlywed. It was hard to relate to my husband as I didn't really grow up with a man in the house. I had been taught that men and women were equal.... or rather anything a man could do, a woman could do better. You can see how this train of thought would under mind a marriage from the get go. And fanning the flame even more was my career in the Marine Corps, where daily I was having to prove my worthiness to the men in the office. My mind was twisted and I had so many internal wars going on, it was a miracle that we made it past the first year. It was during this time that I went from a knowledge of God to knowing God. And I can remember clear as day the moment I made that conversion........

To be continued - just as life does

No comments: