Wednesday

What's Up Wednesday

Hard to believe it is already Wednesday again!!! And guess what?!?! We had a special visitor with us this week, my Mema.
Mema with her great grandkids!!!

I am so glad CJ was playing with the camera, I love this pic!!



It was so great to have her here for a couple of days. No one wanted her to leave and I hope she can come back soon. The kids really had a hard time with her leaving so I'll be making a count down chart till Thanksgiving and I'll share that next week!!!



I am also super excited about the possiblities of today's post!! And even if no one links up, I'm certain this will be found by just the right person at just the right time. After all God isn't on a time schedule like we are, is He. I need to only concern myself with writing what God is prompting me to write and not how many or how few actually read it. And this year God has laid upon my heart to give give give. Have you heard about Advent Conspiracy?







Wow, right!!!! What about you, if you don't want to join the Advent Conspiracy how about picking a way that you can take some money you would have used for Christmas and use it to meet the needs of others?!?! What about purposely not eating out and buying a Christmas meal for a family in need? Cut back on the number of toys you buy for your children and instead buy some toys to donate to Toys for Tots? Or how about having your children save up money or work for $6 to help buy blankets for some of Budapest's homeless residents? Have you thought about sponsoring a child with Compassion or finding something more local within your own state, city, or even neighborhood. I would like to challenge you to go and seek out ways to help out others but when you help out don't be like the rich people but be like the widowed woman, giving from all that you have and not just your abundance!!!!

Luke 21:1-4Just then he looked up and saw the rich people dropping offerings in the collection plate. Then he saw a poor widow put in two pennies. He said, "The plain truth is that this widow has given by far the largest offering today. All these others made offerings that they'll never miss; she gave extravagantly what she couldn't afford—she gave her all!"

Last week, I asked for your help. This week I would like you to link up with a post about your favorite Charity or Ministry. Don't forget one will be picked and I will donate $25 dollars to it. You have until November 3rd to link up cause on November 4th that donation will be made. How easy is that to start the holiday season off on the right foot?!?! And please PLEASE spread the word, if you do and come back and comment there just might be a little something in it for you as a way to say thank you!!!!!!

No comments: