Friday

Lord Teach Me To Pray: Day 23

July 25, 2009



.
Oh wow, was this chapter chalked with scripture that tells it like it is!!!! I have been able to depend on God, or I thought I had, because He was my only answer. Then after reading this chapter I have been convicted on seeking His will but wanting to do it my own way. Ouch!!! Having a type A personality that has caused me great strife within myself as His Will can only be done His way, any other way it just wont work. And for me I can either do it right or don't do it at all. Sigh. What relief!!! Why relief cause I see that this "I'm such a failure" mode can easily be corrected if I just do it His way. (Which this really is an answer to prayer that I will reveal after this study is over.)

As I read the last two sentences of this chapter I realized it's not how confident I am in God or even that I believe He will do what He says He will do. No the question I have never asked myself before is: How dependant upon God am I really?



Father, as I sit here so much is unveiled. Thank you for sticking with me till I got it! As I go through this day continue to show me where I need to depend on you and not just call upon You! In Jesus Name I pray. Amen

No comments: