Monday

A New Month Already ?!

June 1, 2009

Wow, where did May go? Not sure but ready or not summer is in full swing and June is upon us. Last month I listed prayers from A Parent's Prayer Program, in honor of Mother's Day. So of course I wanted to do something in honor of Father's Day and finally decided to take a part of a Proverbs each day and make it into a prayer, again, for our children. May our children be as wise as Solomon:

1 Kings 3:9 "Here's what I want: Give me a God-listening heart so I can lead your people well, discerning the difference between good and evil. For who on their own is capable of leading your glorious people?" (MSG)



Counsel
Father may the instruction I give my children be that which comes from your knowledge. Help me to lead my children in the same manner that I live my life that they not only hear what I am saying but also see the example I set before them and have a desire to listen with an obedient heart. Proverbs 1:8

No comments: