Monday

Resurrection CountDown: Day 13

March 30, 2009

As we approach Resurrection Sunday and our Spring Break, I decided to share with you what we will be doing as we prepare our hearts and teach our children about Resurrection Sunday, aka Easter. I have put up our objectives for each day in my right column. Check back daily as I update the objectives with some fun crafts.

For today we will be dying eggs for the very first time!! I'm sure there are many ways to do it, but we decided on this very easy method. Does your family dye eggs? If so, how?


Dear Father, help us to prepare our hearts to enter into a time of reflection on the death of Christ. To gain the freedom that His sacrifice has given us, we must first see our part in placing Him on the Cross by laying our lives at His feet, confessing our sinful being and acknowledging apart from Him there is no hope for us. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen

1 comment:

Cary Hairbows said...

My kids enjoy dying eggs, too. We usually do the small kits that contain the dye tablets, but I might try the easy method you posted.

We love doing Resurrection Eggs! I did it with my MOPS kids for the past several years. A great way to teach and reflect on the meaning of Christ's death in a tangible, memorable way.

Thank you for your closing prayer.