Monday

The Bad and Good of it All

January 5, 2009
Dear Father, as I read through Job today; I thank you for your Son Jesus. It is because of his birth, life, death, and resurrection that I do not have to depend on my goodness. It is through my Savior, Jesus, that I find any goodness in this world as he transforms me into all that you desire for me to be. Let us always remember that we are but a small part of a bigger picture that you have created. May we bring glory to you in all that we do and may we find peace in you in all situations that we find ourselves in today. In Jesus Name we pray, Amen

January 4, 2008

Father, what great wisdom Job had. V10....We take the good days from God—why not also the bad days?" Let us be content in what circumstances we find ourselves in today. May we seek you out as our source of strength, wisdom, and direction in life. Help us to use our words as Job did so that we may "speak" words that clarify, encouraged those who were about to quit. "May our words"put stumbling people on their feet, and put fresh hope in people about to collapse. (Ves 1-6 adapted) Let 1 Corinthians 2:13 be a guide that we gage the words we utter: "This is what we speak, not in words taught us by human wisdom but in words taught by the Spirit, expressing spiritual truths in spiritual words." Father in good days and bad days may our comfort, joy, happiness, and peace come from you. In Jesus Magnificent Name we pray, Amen

No comments: