Sunday

Meatloaf for breakfast ?!?!

So once again I found myself in the kitchen this morning realizing that I had not prepared anything for breakfast the night before. Here is the adjustment to a recipe I have called Famer's Casserole; which is from Don't Panic Dinner is in the Freezer. **By the way this book is packed full of great recipes that are easy to assemble and freeze wonderfully.

3 cups frozen Potatoes O'brien
3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese
1 thick slice of meatloaf crumbled
4 eggs
12 oz evaporated milk

1.Cover bottom of 8x8 square baking dish with potatoes, cover potatoes with cheeses, then spread meatloaf on top.
2.Beat eggs in evaporated milk and pour over potatoes.
3.Bake uncovered @ 350 for 45 minutes. {The recipe said to chill dish for several hours or thaw over night if it had been frozen, but I just let it sit in the oven for 30 minutes and set my oven to delayed baking so I could pop it in and forget about it till it was done.}

No comments: