Sunday

August 3, 2009

Because I know I will be limited with my time on the computer for the next couple of days I wanted to share this article I found from Ezine@rticles over the next week as my Determined Prayer:


Throughout the Bible when situations occurred, prayer made the difference for the person praying. The first example of prayer that gets GOD attention is The LORD'S Prayer. Often called the Model Prayer, this prayer uses the formula of reverence for GOD first, petitioning, asking for forgiveness and then closing with praise. When asked by HIS disciples, JESUS taught HIS followers to pray with sincerity and without pretext. The tone that this prayer sets is reliance upon the LORD to meet needs.(taken from 5 Famous Prayers in the Bible)

Our Father in heaven, Hallowed be Your name. Your kingdom come. Your will be done On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our debts, As we forgive our debtors. And do not lead us into temptation, But deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen. (Matthew 6:9-13, NKJV)

No comments: