Thursday

Thankful This Thursday

........for Amydeanne and Trish!!! There is no way I would have been able to create the button below, for a dear Sister in Christ, without their help!!! Thank you so much for taking time out to help someone you haven't even talked to face to face and helped her complete a task that God laid upon her heart. Oh how God has shown his face again!!! I have been trying to talk God out of me making this button ever since I learned that Julie would be returning to the States because her cancer had returned. I spent countless nights up, googling and trying to figure out how to edit this picture; with little success. So to throw my hands up in the air at God, I told Him: "the only thing I can do is ask for help from anyone who might come across this blog within the next 2 days." (Still talking to God) "And my best bet is posting for WordFilledWednesday. But God, if no one reads my post then there is nothing else I can do. It's out of my hands." So I posted my WFW, and would you know by the time I check my email again I had not one but 2 replies with detailed instructions on how to make this link. So back to work I went as I needed to make some adjustments. Thank you so much ladies, you were such a blessing not only in helping me get the link working but also in letting God once again show me that His hands are never tied, sometimes all I need to do is step back and let Him work out His plan His way.

So here is the button for my dear Sister in Christ, Julie. It amazes me at how God works through you, Julie, in other people's lives and you don't even know it!! Here is my "See you later" present. Know I will be on my knees praying for you and your family!!!



Photobucket









March 5, 2009
(the following is from The Christ of Easter by Calvin Miller

Those who are content with pleasing others have ceased being Christians and are merely Humanitarian.

Prayer: Lord, I want to please you just as you sought to please your Father. It is not enough that I go to church or perform small religious acts. Unless I gain your smile, carrying my own cross will bring me little pleasure. In this way will I measure the reason for my life.

Additional Bible reading: Psalm 62:5-8

2 comments:

Trish said...

I'm so glad you were able to get the button working. What a great present for your friend!

Amydeanne said...

i'm glad too! and glad your so generous with your time to help someone out as well!

(now I gotta go check out the ballerina tutu overalls! lol)